Content writing for the launch of an international congress about journalism.
This project involved managing the communication and content for the launch of an international journalism congress hosted FOPEA (Foro de Periodismo Argentino).
- Deliver easy to read program for the event
- Rewrite the CTA from the current website
- improve the ticket-buying and selling process for the congress and communicate the new platfor, as previous years’ feedback and data indicated that it was manual, lengthy, complicated, and tedious for both participants and staff.
My role was to identify and address the inefficiencies in the ticketing process.
Success meant streamlining the ticketing process, improving user experience, and ensuring smooth communication and content management for the congress.
- I created amd edited content for the congress website.
- I collaborated with web designers, exhibitors, and other stakeholders to edit and update their biographies, photos, and activity details.
- After market and UX research, I proposed and led the transition to a more efficient ticketing process using Eventbrite.
- To iterate on this work, I first analyzed the existing ticketing process and collected feedback from participants and staff.
- Research (I identified the platforms used by other congresses and events in Argentina, and analyzed the user flow of the event’s edition in previous years to propose a new, shorter, and smoother one.) led me to recommend Eventbrite as a ticketing solution.
- Divergence involved exploring various web tools for ticketing, while convergence led to the selection of Eventbrite as the solution.
- Iteration involved ongoing updates to the congress program and content based on exhibitor preferences.
- My suggestion of implementing Eventbrite was taken, which streamlined the ticketing process and improved the user experience.
- Metrics such as reduced ticket processing time, increased ticket sales, and positive feedback from participants indicated success.
- Constraints included budget limitations and the need to adapt quickly to a new ticketing platform.
What I Learned:
- The importance of user feedback and data analysis in identifying and solving problems.
- The significant impact of streamlining processes on user satisfaction and engagement.
- The transition to Eventbrite improved not only the ticketing process but also overall event management.
- If I were to do the project again, I would proactively involve participants during the UX Research.
- The paradox that working with journalists does not always mean receiving clear and precise information from and about them.